Fresh N Crispy EggplantwichFrom jo_jo_ba 6 years ago
- 1/2 medium-large (about 1 1/4 lb) eggplant, sliced into 8 pieces, unpeeled shopping list
- 12 tbsp Nutritional Crunch Coating (Nutritional Crunch Coating) shopping list
- 2 (1 second sprays) canola oil spray shopping list
- 1 tbsp ketchup shopping list
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard shopping list
- 2 tbsp pickle relish shopping list
- 8 slices whole wheat bread, toasted shopping list
- 8 large lettuce leaves shopping list
- 4 tomato slices shopping list
- 8 dill pickle slices shopping list
How to make it
- Dredge the eggplant slices in the coating mix.
- In a large, non-stick skillet, heat cooking spray over medium high heat.
- Add eggplant in one layer and cook without turning 3-4 minutes. Flip and cook a further 3-4 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Combine ketchup, mustard and relish in a small dish, and spread evenly on 4 of the toast slices.
- Top spread with lettuce and tomato slices, then the cooked eggplant. Finish with the pickle slices and remaining toast.
- Slice each sandwich in half, securing with toothpicks, and serve!
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating4 people
Jo Jo this is great and my garden will provide me with all of the eggplant and lettuce for this wonderful recipe you have presented tonight.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
Yum and awesome. I am going to try this recipe this weekend. I'll let you know how it turns out. I most always end up fudging eggplant but this seems pretty simple! :) Do you think the nutritional crunch coating would work with tofu?tomkitten in loved it
AHA! Well if I just opened my eyes and read, while being awake, the nutritional crunch recipe I would have noted that it works for a various amount of foods. Thanks for all the great healthy recipes!tomkitten in loved it
Health Food Junkies423 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
Make Your Ingredients222 members
OrganicSustainable Farming Group171 members
Growing Your Own Herbs Vegetables385 members
Comfort Foods770 members
Eat Light Healthy455 members
Weight Watchers282 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members