Sourdough Pizza CrustFrom kennkonn 8 years ago
- 1 1/4 cups warm water shopping list
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup sourdough starter, room temp shopping list
- 3-3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle yeast into warm water and sugar.
- Stir and let stand until it because foamy.
- Mix in Oil, sourdough starter,salt and one half of the flour.
- Gradually add enough of the remaining flour to make a dough.
- Turn dough onto smooth, lightly floured surface.
- Knead until smooth and elastic.
- Put in lightly oiled bowl, turning to coat all sides, cover with a cloth and let rise until doubled. This will take about an hour.
- Punch down and shape into two pizza crusts.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sprinkle pizza pan or baking stone with Corn meal before placing the crust on it.
- Prebake crust for 10 minutes.
- Remove from Oven.
- Brush crusts with olive oil and spread with tomato sauce, then top with toppings of your choice.
- Sprinkle with grated mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 425 degrees. Might take longer depending how thick your toppings are.
- Prep time includes rising time.
- 8-10 servings per pizza crust depending on size of slices.
The Cookkennkonn Lloydminster, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!