Andouille Smoked Sausage In Red GravyFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped green peppers shopping list
- 1-1/2 pounds andouille smoked sausage cut into 2" pieces shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic shopping list
- 8 teaspoons tomato sauce shopping list
- 3 cups white onions shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley shopping list
- 6-1/2 cups beef stock shopping list
- 1 cup chopped green onion tops shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper shopping list
- 3 teaspoons cooked rice shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped celery shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in Dutch oven then add sausage.
- Cover and cook without stirring for 7 minutes.
- Turn over and sprinkle 2 cups onions on top then cover and cook another 7 minutes.
- Add 3/4 cup stock and scrape bottom then add pepper and salt stirring scraping and turning.
- Cover and cook 2 minutes scraping once then add celery, green peppers and garlic.
- Cover and cook 3 minutes scraping once.
- Add tomato sauce and cook uncovered 5 minutes scraping occasionally.
- Add 1/2 cup onions then cook 8 minutes then add parsley and 1/2 cup green onions.
- Add 3-1/4 cup more stock and scrape then cook 20 minutes until liquid is thick dark red gravy.
- Stir occasionally then stir in remaining stock and onions.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer stirring frequently about 14 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating5 people
I love smoked sausage and I'm loving this recipe!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
thhanks bunches great recipemomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This sounds great, right up my alley. Thanks for the invote too!!rockyruby in SANDUSKY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!