Cream Sugar CookiesFrom morninlite 6 years ago
How to make it
- Thoroughly cream shortening, sugar, vanilla.
- Add egg; beat til light and fluffy.
- Stir in cream.
- Sift together dry ingredients; blend in creamed mixture.
- Divide dough in half. Chill 1 hour
- On lightly floured surface roll to 1/8 inch.
- Cut in desired shapes with cutters. Bake on greased cookie sheet at 375 about 6 to 8 minutes. Cool slightly remove from pan.
- Cool on rack. Decorate.
- To make these drop cookies, omit 1/2 cup flour. (Add 1 cup raisins or 1/2 cup broken nuts and 1/2 cup citron if you like) Drop from spoon onto cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 10 to 12 minutes. Makes 4 dozen.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookmorninlite Kalamazoo, US
The Rating4 people
So nice to make them with cream!tippystclair in North Hollywood loved it
very close to one I had years ago and misplaced, cannot wait to give these a try, mine called for sour cream.
thanks for sharing.celestialvortex in Las Vegas loved it
This one sounds close to the ones mymom baked and they were so good!I can't wait to try them!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it