Rose Petal JellyFrom crabhappychick 7 years ago
How to make it
- Remove white base from each rose petal. Arrange 1/3 of petals evenly on large plate. Sprinkle with 1/3 c. suar. Layer half remaining petals on top sugared petals. Sprinkle with 1/3 c. sugar. Top with remaining petals, sprinkle with 1/3 c. sugar. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand overnight.
- Place jars and lids in large saucepan. Cover jars with water. Bring water just to simmer. Remove from heat.
- Cook remaining 2 cups sugar and 1 cup water in heavy medium saucepan over low heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Add lemon juice. Increase heat and boil 5 minutes without stirring. Cool to lukewarm. Mix in sugared petals. Return saucepan to heat and simmer until candy thermometer registers 220 F, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove jars and lids from hot water. Invert onto cooling rack or clean towel to drain.
- Spoon hot jelly into sterilized jars to within 1/8" from top. Wipe rims of jars. Top with lids and seal. Invert jars several seconds, then stand upright. Cool completely. Press center of each lid to test for tight seal. If lid stays down, jar is sealed. Store in cool dry place for up to 1 year. Refrigerate after opening. (If lid pops up when pressed down, store jelly in refrigerator.)