Fettuccine with Chicken and Bell Pepper Cream SauceFrom chef2 5 years ago
- fettuccine con Pollo e salsa di Peperone shopping list
- fettuccine with chicken and bell pepper Cream Sauce shopping list
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 12 ounces skinless boneless chicken thighs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 large green bell pepper, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper shopping list
- 1 and 1/2 cups whipping cream shopping list
- 1 cup chicken stock or chicken broth shopping list
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta shopping list
- Additional grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook until brown on both sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer chicken to plate.
- Add green and red bell peppers and onion to same skillet and saute until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and crushed red pepper to skillet and saute 4 minutes.
- Add whipping cream and chicken stock.
- Simmer until sauce thickens slightly, about 8 minutes.
- Cut chicken into strips and add to sauce. Simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 2 minutes. Add basil and 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese to sauce, stirring to incorporate. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite. Drain and return to pot. Add sauce and toss to coat. Serve, passing additional Parmesan separately. Makes 4 first-course servings.
- That's it!