Chicken ShashlikFrom atariq123 7 years ago
- For Skewers: shopping list
- 2 lbs chicken breasts shopping list
- 3 coloured bell peppers (green, yellow, red) shopping list
- 1 large onion shopping list
- 1 large zucchini shopping list
- 2 tsp garlic paste shopping list
- 2 tsp white vineger shopping list
- 3 tbsp sumak powder (available at all mid eastern stores) shopping list
- 2 tsp black pepper powder (optional) shopping list
- 1 pack grape tomatoes (optional) shopping list
- For Sauce: shopping list
- 1 cup tomato ketchup shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1/2 onon finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 chicken breast (can be substituted with 1 chicken bullion cube, omit salt in this case ) shopping list
- 1/2 green bell pepper shopping list
- 1/2 onion shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp garlic shopping list
- 2 tbsp oil shopping list
- Boiled rice for serving. shopping list
How to make it
- Cube the chicken in 1-1/2 inch pieces, marinate in 1 tsp garlic, 1 tbsp sumak, some salt, 1 tsp white vineger and 1 tsp black pepper. Set aside for half an hour or so.
- Start off the sauce with heating oil in a saucepan and sauteing the finely chopped onions. When heated through add flour and make a rouge. Add garlic, fry a little. Add chicken breast (or chicken bullion). Fry until the chiken is cooked through. Mix tomato ketchup and water and add stirring continuously. Add cubed bell pepper and cubed onion, bring the sauce to a boil, turn the heat down and let simmer for 15 - 20 mintes.
- Wash and pat dry all vegetables. Cut all vegetables in 1 inch cubes (except grape tomatoes), put all vegetables in a medium bowl and toss in 1 tsp garlic, 2 tbsp sumak, 1 tsp vineger, salt, 1 tsp black pepper.
- Skewer vegetables and chicken cubes alternatively and grill. If you do not have an indoor or outdoor grill heat a pan on the stove on high, add skewers depending on the size on the pan drizzle a little oil and cook covered on both sides for at least 2 minutes each side.
- Serve with boiled basmati or brown rice.
People Who Like This Dish 4
The Cookatariq123 Rochester Hills, MI
The Rating9 people
great post! and the basmati is so good too. 5 forks from me. joymariemystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
This look absolutely delicious.Thanks Amna for the post.ambus in Lahore loved it
WOW!!!!!!!!!unusual one,especially your sauce,Shukran for sharing Amna....:}
gets a 5+
mumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it