Cheesy Chili Corn MuffinsFrom auntybea 8 years ago
- 1 cup cornmeal shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 1 tbsp. sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups shredded old cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups corn shopping list
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper shopping list
- 2 tbsp. minced jalapeno pepper shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix thoroughly. Stir in the cheese (reserving 1/4 cup for topping), corn, red pepper and jalapeno. In small bowl, beat eggs, buttermilk and oil together. Add to corn mixture; stir just until combined.
- Muffins: Spoon batter into greased muffin tins, filling them to the top. Sprinkle with reserved cheese. Bake in 400 F oven for 16 to 18 minutes or until tester comes out clean. Makes 12 muffins.
- Squares: Spread batter in greased 8 " square baking pan. Bake for about 25 minutes or until tester comes out clean. Serve warm or cooled, cut into squares.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookauntybea Vernon, Canada
The Rating6 people
Ooooooooooooo these sound great Jill thank youminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Yummmm I love anything cheesy and hot! (oops, that sounds WRONG - LOL)justjakesmom in Everett loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!