Pear and Chocolate JamFrom aurore 10 years ago
How to make it
- Put a small plate in your freezer.
- Pour the lemon juice in a bowl.
- Peel and core the pears. Dice them and mix the pieces in the bowl with the lemon juice.
- In a large saucepan mix the pears and sugar and bring to a boil under medium-high heat. Cook for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally and foaming if necessary.
- To check if it is set, pour a little jam on your cold plate. Wait for a few second and see if it doesn’t run, it is set, otherwise, keep on cooking and try again a few minutes later.
- Stir the chocolate into the jam, wait for a simmer then turn the heat off.
- Put in jars and cover (or can following National Center for Home Food Preservation recommendations).
The Cookaurore New York, NY
The Rating6 people
I am saving this and printing it out to make this weekend.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
This is a jam that you will want to make over and over! Absolutely delicious! Yum!catererpaul in South Portland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!