Lentils De Puy with Onions and CarrotFrom darbar 8 years ago
- 1 TB olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup lentils de Puy, rinsed shopping list
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced shopping list
- 3 cups water shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 tsp dried thyme shopping list
- sea salt, to taste shopping list
- ground pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat and sauté onion until softened, about 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Simmer until tender, about 25 minutes. Remove bay leaf, adjust seasoning and serve.
The Cookdarbar Elmhurst, IL
The Rating5 people
i went and bought these lentils just recently...
this sounds really delicious...
i think i might add some diced red pepper and celery...
hope you don't mind...i added a pic...lol...
i just made this and it is YUMMY...
of course i cannot leave well enough alone...
so i added-
the diced red pepper and diced celery (same ammount as carrot) and a smashed clove of garli...more
i used this again as part of a brunch menu...
w/fried egg, mixed salad and rye toast...
i've been asked for the recipe by a couple of people...it is a BIG winner!...
- Not added to any groups yet!