Red Lentils amp Sweet Potato CurryFrom mamadelbosque 6 years ago
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks shopping list
- 1 (1 inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 large or 2 small garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 1 tbsp curry powder shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 ½ cups red lentils shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan over high heat, warm the oil. Bring 3 1/2 cups water to a boil in a seperate pan. Add the onion and a pinch of salt and sauté, stirring occasionally, until the onion softens, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the sweet potato, ginger, garlic, curry powder and bay leaf and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Pour in the boiling water and stir in the lentils. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until the lentils break down and the sweet potatoes are tender, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and seve with rice, flat bread and yogurt.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookmamadelbosque Carrollton, OH
The Rating4 people
This was Deee-lish! Thank you for sharing!twilightrose in Denver/ Nederland♥ loved it
This is what I have been waiting for a Red Lentils Amp Sweet Potato Curry.
I forwarded this to Jim
Michaeltrigger in loved it
I love savory sweet potato recipes. I can't wait to try this one.jencathen in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!