Chocolate Caramel Nut BarsFrom cherylannxo 6 years ago
- nonstick cooking spray shopping list
- 1 pkg. 2-layer size white cake mix shopping list
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats shopping list
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. milk shopping list
- 1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese shopping list
- 1 12 1/4 oz. jar caramel ice cream topping shopping list
- 1 11 oz. pkg. milk chocolate chips shopping list
- 1 cup cocktail peanuts shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Coat a 13x9" pan with nonstic cooking spray. Set aside.
- For crumb mixture, in a large mixing bowl combine cake mix and oats.
- Using a pastry cutter., cut in peanut butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Beat egg with milk; add to crumb mixture. Stirring until well mixed.
- Reserve 3/4 cup of the mixture.
- Press the remaining mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- For filling, beat cream cheese with a mixer until smooth.
- Add caramel topping and beat until mixed. Spread on top of crumb mixture.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top, then add the peanuts to cover.
- Sprinkle evenly with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cut into 24 bars.
- Store, covered in the refrigerator.