White Chocolate Cake With Raspberry FillingFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 4 egg whites shopping list
- 1-3/4 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded lemon peel shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 ounce white baking bar chopped shopping list
- 3/4 cup light cream shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 4 egg yolks shopping list
- 1 cup fresh raspberries shopping list
- 3 tablespoons raspberry liqueur shopping list
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries shopping list
- powdered sugar shopping list
- White Chocolate Frosting: shopping list
- 4 ounce white baking bar chopped shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups whipping cream shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cold water shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon unflavored gelatin shopping list
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
How to make it
- In medium mixing bowl let egg whites stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl stir together flour, lemon peel, baking powder and salt.
- Set flour mixture aside.
- Melt white baking bar with 1/4 cup cream in small saucepan over low heat stirring constantly.
- When chocolate starts to melt remove from heat and stir in remaining cream then allow to cool.
- In large mixing bowl beat butter with electric mixer on high speed until softened.
- Add sugar and vanilla then beat until combined.
- Add egg yolks one at a time beating until combined.
- Alternately add flour mixture and white baking bar mixture beating after each addition.
- Beat just until combined then was beaters.
- In medium mixing bowl beat egg whites with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold egg whites into batter then spread into 2 greased and lightly floured round cake pans.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes then cool cakes in pans on racks 10 minutes then remove from pan.
- Cool cakes completely on racks.
- In small bowl combine berries and raspberry liqueur then set aside.
- To prepare frosting chill medium mixing bowl and beaters of an electric mixer.
- Place white baking bar and 1/4 cup cream in small heavy saucepan over very low heat.
- Stir constantly until baking bar starts to melt then remove from heat and stir until smooth.
- Cool completely.
- In a 1 cup glass measure combine cold water and unflavored gelatin and let stand 2 minutes.
- Place cup in saucepan of boiling water then heat and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- In the chilled mixing bowl beat remaining cream and sugar with chilled beaters on medium speed while gradually drizzling gelatin over cream mixture then beat until soft peaks form.
- Continue beating gradually adding cooled baking bar mixture until stiff peaks form.
- To assemble cake place one cake layer on a cake plate.
- Drain liqueur from berries and drizzle liqueur over cake layer on plate then stir jam to soften.
- Spread jam over cake layer then top with 1/3 of the frosting and spoon 1 cup berries on top.
- Top berries with remaining cake layer then frost top and sides with remaining frosting.
- Gently place the chocolate curls on frosting on top of cake then refrigerate until serving time.
- Just before serving sprinkle cake with 1/2 cup berries and sift powdered sugar lightly over cake.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating4 people
This was an absolute hit at my birthday.
The only problem I had was, you couldn't taste the White Chocolate at all. So I would suggest using 1 teaspoon of lemon peel, or none at all. Or Add more White Chocolate. I did Rainbow layered cake and th...morePookiefx in loved it
What a winner...I would love to make this right now but it is 10pm. There is nothing more that I love than raspberries (except for my family and friends of course)...I love it.debwin in Toronto loved it
Ahmed beat me to this fantastic White Chocolate Cake,I love raspberries especially as a nice filling like you have presented today.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!