White Chocolate Cake With Raspberry FillingFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 4 egg whites shopping list
- 1-3/4 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded lemon peel shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 ounce white baking bar chopped shopping list
- 3/4 cup light cream shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 4 egg yolks shopping list
- 1 cup fresh raspberries shopping list
- 3 tablespoons raspberry liqueur shopping list
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries shopping list
- powdered sugar shopping list
- White Chocolate Frosting: shopping list
- 4 ounce white baking bar chopped shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups whipping cream shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cold water shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon unflavored gelatin shopping list
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
How to make it
- In medium mixing bowl let egg whites stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl stir together flour, lemon peel, baking powder and salt.
- Set flour mixture aside.
- Melt white baking bar with 1/4 cup cream in small saucepan over low heat stirring constantly.
- When chocolate starts to melt remove from heat and stir in remaining cream then allow to cool.
- In large mixing bowl beat butter with electric mixer on high speed until softened.
- Add sugar and vanilla then beat until combined.
- Add egg yolks one at a time beating until combined.
- Alternately add flour mixture and white baking bar mixture beating after each addition.
- Beat just until combined then was beaters.
- In medium mixing bowl beat egg whites with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold egg whites into batter then spread into 2 greased and lightly floured round cake pans.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes then cool cakes in pans on racks 10 minutes then remove from pan.
- Cool cakes completely on racks.
- In small bowl combine berries and raspberry liqueur then set aside.
- To prepare frosting chill medium mixing bowl and beaters of an electric mixer.
- Place white baking bar and 1/4 cup cream in small heavy saucepan over very low heat.
- Stir constantly until baking bar starts to melt then remove from heat and stir until smooth.
- Cool completely.
- In a 1 cup glass measure combine cold water and unflavored gelatin and let stand 2 minutes.
- Place cup in saucepan of boiling water then heat and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- In the chilled mixing bowl beat remaining cream and sugar with chilled beaters on medium speed while gradually drizzling gelatin over cream mixture then beat until soft peaks form.
- Continue beating gradually adding cooled baking bar mixture until stiff peaks form.
- To assemble cake place one cake layer on a cake plate.
- Drain liqueur from berries and drizzle liqueur over cake layer on plate then stir jam to soften.
- Spread jam over cake layer then top with 1/3 of the frosting and spoon 1 cup berries on top.
- Top berries with remaining cake layer then frost top and sides with remaining frosting.
- Gently place the chocolate curls on frosting on top of cake then refrigerate until serving time.
- Just before serving sprinkle cake with 1/2 cup berries and sift powdered sugar lightly over cake.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating4 people
Great as usual!!ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
Ahmed beat me to this fantastic White Chocolate Cake,I love raspberries especially as a nice filling like you have presented today.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
What a winner...I would love to make this right now but it is 10pm. There is nothing more that I love than raspberries (except for my family and friends of course)...I love it.debwin in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!