Chocolate meringue nestsFrom ahmed1 7 years ago
- 5 egg whites shopping list
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 ¼ cup powder sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts, chopped shopping list
- 1/3 cup almonds, chopped shopping list
- chocolate ganache: shopping list
- 7 oz plain chocolate, chopped shopping list
- ¾ cup heavy cream shopping list
- 2 tbsp butter, softened shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400F and prepare 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat egg whites until frothy, add cream of tartar and beat until soft peaks form. Add powder sugar and vanilla gradually and beat until stiff. Fold in the chopped nuts gently. Spoon mixture by tablespoonful on the prepared baking sheets. Smooth the top with a teaspoon. Place in the oven and turn off the heat and leave overnight.
- Make chocolate ganache:
- Heat cream over medium heat until simmering point and pour over the chopped chocolate. Stir until smooth. Add butter and stir again. Leave to cool completely stirring occasionally. Fill in a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle and pipe rosettes over each cookie.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating16 people
These look and sound fabulous. Great post. You have my 5. Can't wait to try these, they look very delicate and oh so tasty. Yummers.chefmeow in Garland loved it
mmm... Ahmed, first thing I looked at this morning,great for having a sweet day! a 5!!magali777 in Mexico loved it
Another lovely dessert. Spectacular!clbacon in Birmingham loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!