Steak And Potato SkilletFrom tazoncaffeine 8 years ago
- * 2 pounds round or chuck steak shopping list
- * 1/3 cup flour shopping list
- * 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- * 1/2 teaspoon EACH pepper and garlic powder shopping list
- * 2 tablespoons oil or bacon grease shopping list
- * 2 cups tap water shopping list
- * 1 beef bouillon cube shopping list
- * 1 onion, sliced shopping list
- * 5 potatoes, peeled & sliced (about 2 pounds) shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the steak into 6 serving size pieces.
- In a plastic bag or on a plate combine the flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Coat the steaks with the flour, sort of pressing it in with your hands to make it stay.
- Heat the oil or bacon grease in a 12-inch skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the steaks to the skillet and sear them on each side, cooking them until they brown slightly. Turn them over and brown the second side too.
- When the steaks are nice and brown, pour the tap water into the skillet.
- Crumble in the bouillon cube.
- Scatter the sliced onion overtop of the meat.
- Arrange the sliced potatoes overtop of the onion.
- Cover the skillet with a tightly fitting lid, or handy pizza pan. Simmer over low heat for about an hour, or until the potatoes are very tender, and the meat can be cut with a fork.
- Add water if necessary while cooking.
- The liquid in the pan will thicken up a little, and make a very tasty gravy.
- A small shot of Worcestershire sauce makes a nice addition if you want to spice this up a bit.
- Serve hot.