Four Bean Turkey ChiliFrom 3boysmama 6 years ago
- 1 lb ground turkey shopping list
- 1 Tbsp canola oil shopping list
- 1 can or bottle of beer shopping list
- 2 Tbsp chili powder shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 medium onion, diced shopping list
- 2 cups chopped peppers (sweet, hot, or mixed) shopping list
- 1 16 oz can tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 15 oz can chili beans with hot sauce shopping list
- 1 15 oz can kidney beans, drained shopping list
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained shopping list
- 1 15 oz can pinto beans, drained shopping list
- sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, and tortilla chips for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In an 8 quart pot heat canola oil over medium high heat, tilting pan to allow oil to cover bottom of pan (you can add a little more if you need to.
- Add turkey to pan and chop up with a wooden spoon. Add diced onion to pan. Stir often and until turkey is browned. Drain off any grease and return pan to stove.
- Add chili powder and cumin to pan and stir to coat. Pour beer into pan and scrape bottom to deglaze.
- Add peppers to pan, reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook 10 minutes to soften peppers.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, and beans. Rinse each can with an inch or so of water and add to pan. Simmer for an hour or longer to allow flavors to blend. Stir frequently and adjust seasoning adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Remember, if you like it hot, use more hot peppers and fewer sweet. You can also toss in some ground cayenne pepper with the meat.
- Garnish with your choice of toppings.
The Cook3boysmama New Castle, PA
The Rating5 people
This sounds great, 3boys!babskitchen in loved it
Excellent! Just did a pantry clearout myself and was surprised at what I created. Sometimes that can produce the best results. take caretazoncaffeine in Manchester loved it
This is delicious. The only thing I did differently was use chicken broth in place of the beer because I didn't have any. This makes a lot so plan to feed it to a large crowd or freeze some of it.babskitchen in loved it