Seared Albacore SashimiFrom sandor72 6 years ago
How to make it
- Start with a nice long piece of sushi grade albacore. (Don't bring to room temperature).
- Salt, and apply "plenty" of black pepper- don't be shy.
- Put a little oil in a non sick pan and get it really hot.
- Sear the Albacore for about 10-15 seconds per side.
- Remove Albacore and immediately submerge it in icy water for about one minute.
- Take a really sharp filet knife and thinly slice.
- Serve on a bed of grated Daicon Radish and a Japanese Shiso Leaf (be sure to eat some of the delicious Shiso Leaf and Daicon)!
- Also serve with wasabi and soy sauce.