Chinese Fried ShrimpFrom linebb956 5 years ago
- 24 lg. shrimp shopping list
- 1 c. flour shopping list
- 3 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1 c. cornstarch shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar (helps brown) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1 c. ice water shopping list
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil shopping list
- peanut or vegetable oil for deep frying shopping list
How to make it
- Shell and devein the prawns, leaving the tails on.
- Sift flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Beat in egg, water, and 2 tbsp. of oil. Make a stiff batter.
- Heat 2" of oil in a large electric skillet, at 375°F. I use my deep fryer
- Dip the prawns in the batter, and fry in hot oil until golden brown,
- turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with your choice of dipping sauces.
People Who Like This Dish 51
The Cooklinebb956 La Feria, TX
The Rating4 people
Very good thanks.pudgy47 in Las Vegas loved it
Great coating! Thanks! A little more here Chinese Fried Shrimpmommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
These were so good! I loved them. Added my picture and put a bit more in the IMI thread linked below.frankieanne in Ukiah loved it