Chinese Fried ShrimpFrom linebb956 8 years ago
- 24 lg. shrimp shopping list
- 1 c. flour shopping list
- 3 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1 c. cornstarch shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar (helps brown) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1 c. ice water shopping list
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil shopping list
- peanut or vegetable oil for deep frying shopping list
How to make it
- Shell and devein the prawns, leaving the tails on.
- Sift flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Beat in egg, water, and 2 tbsp. of oil. Make a stiff batter.
- Heat 2" of oil in a large electric skillet, at 375°F. I use my deep fryer
- Dip the prawns in the batter, and fry in hot oil until golden brown,
- turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with your choice of dipping sauces.
The Cooklinebb956 La Feria, TX
The Rating4 people
Very good thanks.pudgy47 in Las Vegas loved it
Great coating! Thanks! A little more here Chinese Fried Shrimpmommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
These were so good! I loved them. Added my picture and put a bit more in the IMI thread linked below.frankieanne in Ukiah loved it