Simple and Delicious Blackberry SyrupFrom 3boysmama 8 years ago
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients in a heavy 2-quart saucepan. Cook, stirring often, over medium heat until sugar dissolves and mixture begins to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Remove from heat and mash berries against side of pan with a wooden spoon (or use a potato masher).
- Allow mixture to cool 15 minutes. Press fruit mixture through a sieve with the back of a spoon to remove seeds.
- Cool to desired serving temperature. Serve over pancakes, waffles, crepes, etc. You get the idea.
- Refrigerate in a covered container.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cook3boysmama New Castle, PA
The Rating4 people
This sounds really good and blackberries are just coming into season here...thanks!!witchywoman in Longview loved it
I love this! Our blackberries in our field are all gone but I do have some in the freezer.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
This sounds delicious!pleclare in Framingham loved it