Fried Corn Off The CobFrom dugger 7 years ago
How to make it
- Cut the corn off the cob preserving as much of the oil as possible. See Photo
- Break up the slices in a large skillet See Photo. Add enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and then reduce heat to a constant simmer.
- Cook unti corn is tender and water has reduced.
- Add flour and bacon drippings to thicken and flavor the mixture. See Photo
- Continue cooking until corn starts to stick the the skillet and brown.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, cook until it reaches desired color.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookdugger Crestwood (suburb Of Louisville), US
The Rating5 people
Great recipe -- wonderful pictures! Thabks for posting!grandmacooks in Somewhere In loved it
We fix our corn this way and it's great!!... The bacon grease can be kept in the fridge.
Thanks for the great pic's.jett2whit in Union City loved it
I love this so much and make it quite often using fresh corn! Another great use for the cast iron skillet!clbacon in Birmingham loved it