Lime PickleFrom 22566 5 years ago
- 2 Pounds limes,Washed shopping list
- 8 Fresh red chilies,Chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic,Chopped shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons ground coriander shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin shopping list
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cardamon shopping list
- 2 teaspoons black mustard seeds shopping list
- 1 teaspoons Freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon turmeric shopping list
- 1-1/2 Cups white wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 Cup vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- Cut each lime into 6 wedges,then halve the wedges and place the pieces in a saucepan with other ingredients.
- Bring to a boil,then reduce the heat and simmer until the fruit is tender and the pickle thick, about 50 minutes.
- Ladle into warm,clean jars, leaving 1/4 " headspace.
- Process 15 minutes in a boiling water bath.
- Well be ready to eat after 2 weeks
- Makes 4 half-pints
The Cook22566 TX
The Rating3 people
I do a lot of canning but I have not tried this one.So I am eager to try this. Sounds great!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
This is really interesting! Got my 5!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
I love lime pickles ......
goes well with just abt anything ... even plain roticholena in Food World loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!