Fresh Carrot And Ginger SoupFrom wildjoy 8 years ago
- 1 pound carrots, cut in 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 1/2 pound parsnips, cut in 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 pound Braeburn or fuji apples, cut in 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sea salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1 quart vegetable broth shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon fresh grated ginger, more to taste shopping list
- sea salt, to taste shopping list
- ground pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Put chopped carrots, parsnips, apples, olive oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl and toss to coat with oil.
- Spread coated veggie and apple chunks onto a large baking pan in single layer. Roast at 400 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes until the chunks are soft and slightly browned.
- Pour cooked chunks into a large saucepan. Add water and broth. Bring to a near boil on medium-high heat, then reduce to a simmer. Add ginger and continue to cook for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes. Using an immersion blender blend until smooth. Add more salt and or pepper to taste. Top with garlic-ginger won-ton chips if desired.
- Serve with fruit salad and French bread for a complete meal.