STUFFED QUAHOGS- PORTUGUESE STYLEFrom mamalou 6 years ago
- 15 quahogs, shucked and then ground or chopped shopping list
- 2 loaves day-old Italian bread shopping list
- 2 tablespoons oil shopping list
- 2 medium onions, chopped shopping list
- ½ green pepper, chopped shopping list
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper (the wet type sold in jars) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped shopping list
- paprika, margarine shopping list
- Optional: 1 stick Portuguese chourico sausage, ground (or chorizo sausage) shopping list
How to make it
- Open quahogs, placing meat and juice in separate bowls. Save shells.
- Break bread into small pieces in large bowl and add enough of the juice so bread is well moistened but not soggy.
- Add ground or chopped quahogs.
- In oil, saute onion, green pepper and garlic until soft but not brown. Add along with crushed red pepper to bread mixture. Mix well.
- Wash shells and separate. Mound stuffing into shells. Sprinkle tops with parsley and paprika. Dot with a small amount of margarine.
- Set in a pan and bake in preheated 375 degree oven for about 25 minutes or until heated through.
- Optional: You may add ground chourico sausage to onion while sauting.
The Cookmamalou Attleboro, MA
The Rating3 people
Oh my gooooodness. I am in love with this recipe. Thank you so much.... *swoon*.....and a big high 15 for you. Yeah, only five of the forks are showing...but there's ten more behind them...I promise. ;-)lunasea in Orlando loved it
Thank-you for sharing this "5"FORK!!!!! recipe...
Another great recipe to make and serve my family and friends!
.....mjcmcook....mjcmcook in Beach City loved it