Grilled Shrimp ElegantFrom merlin 6 years ago
- 2 lbs raw shrimp, shell-on head-off shopping list
- juice of 2 limes shopping list
- 2 poblano peppers, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 2 T. louisiana hot sauce, like Tabasco or Sun Sun shopping list
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 T. black pepper shopping list
- ½ cup peanut oil shopping list
- ¾ cup orange marmalade or whole fruit orange spread shopping list
- 2 T. chopped garlic shopping list
- 1 t. salt shopping list
- ½ bunch chopped cilantro leaves shopping list
- 1 t. honey (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In a sauce pan, mix oil vinegar, lime juice, hot sauce, garlic, black pepper and chopped peppers.
- Simmer on low about 5 minutes.
- Add cilantro and marmalade and cook stirring until dissolved.
- Add salt and test for sweetness and spiciness. To add more sweetness, add 1 t. honey. more spiciness, more hot sauce.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Cover shrimp with marinade and refrigerate for 6-8 hours.
- Grill over coals for about 3-5 minutes in a vegetable basket, turning shrimp occasionally.
- This recipe can also be done on a George Foreman indoor grill or in a grill pan.
The Cookmerlin San Francisco, CA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!