Caramel Nut SquaresFrom whodunitrdr 5 years ago
- 2 1/4 cups flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups butter; divided shopping list
- 1 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup shopping list
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup walnuts; chopped shopping list
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
How to make it
- Mix flour, sugar and 3/4 cup butter until crumbly like cornmeal, pat into ungreased 13" x 9" pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool.
- Bring 3/4 cup butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and sweetened condensed milk to a boil in large saucepan over medium heat, boil for 5 minutes, stirring until thickened slightly.
- Stir nuts into caramel, pour over baked crust, cool.
- Melt chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons butter in double boiler over hot water until smooth.
- Pour over cooled caramel and spread evenly.
- Cut into 2" squares.
- Makes 24 squares.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookwhodunitrdr Bellingham, WA
The Rating7 people
another keeper thanks great recipemomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Well, doc...you suggested these to me to use up my sweetened condensed milk experiment, and I did...YUM!! :) I don't do desserts, as some know, but I do enjoy a lil caramel and shortbread...these are SO tasty! :) And so pretty. I even had one, myself...morekeni in Sweet Home loved it
So easy to make and really delicious. They are a little rich, I would recommend cutting the pieces more like 1" x 2". These are nice to take along somewhere - they cut nicely and hold their shape.babskitchen in loved it