Chicken CacciatoreFrom whodunitrdr 4 years ago
- 1/2 onion; chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic; crushed shopping list
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 15 ounces canned tomatoes; diced shopping list
- 1 cup red wine shopping list
- 1 cup beef broth shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon basil shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 whole chicken; cut up shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil; for frying shopping list
How to make it
- Saute onion, garlic and mushrooms in 1 tablespoon olive oil until translucent.
- Add tomatoes, wine and broth and simmer and reduce 5 minutes.
- Add seasonings.
- Brown floured chicken pieces in 2 tablespoons olive oil until golden.
- Transfer to an ovenproof casserole dish, cover with sauce.
- Bake at 375º for 30 minutes.
- NOTES : Serve with buttered pasta or rice.
The Cookwhodunitrdr Bellingham, WA
The Rating6 people
I made this last night for dinner.It wasn't broiling hot for once,so I decided the oven was okay. Easy to make, well seasoned, family liked it. I used chicken thighs with the bones, basil from the garden but no oregano.I baked it for a longer time si...moremaureend301 in New Market loved it
Great recipe!pleclare in Framingham loved it
Yummy!! Easy to make and enjoyed by the entire family!!ariadnebarzane in Phoenix loved it