CEDAR-SAGE PORK CHOPS WITH WHISKEY HONEY GLAZEFrom merlin 8 years ago
- 4 thick center cut pork chops, I prefer bone-in, but boneless works too shopping list
- sweet Hungarian paprika shopping list
- Hot Madras curry powder shopping list
- garlic powder shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- ¼ cup fresh sage leaves, I prefer pineapple sage shopping list
- olive oil spray shopping list
- 1 sweet onion cut in eighths shopping list
- 8 T. bourbon whiskey shopping list
- 2 T. honey shopping list
- Cedar plank shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse pork chops. Place on a large plate. Sprinkle liberally with paprika, curry powder, garlic powder and a little salt. Spray with olive oil. Press half the sage leaves into pork. Turn over and do the other side. .Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2-4 hours.
- Soak cedar plank thoroughly for 2-4 hours, turning occasionally to soak both sides.
- When ready to grill, remove chops from fridge. Prepare medium fire for direct cooking. Place chops on plank interspersed with onion wedges. Carefully place the plank on the grill. Combine the bourbon and honey. Spoon half the mixture over the chops. Grill, covered, without turning about 10 minutes. Add the rest of the glaze. Cook an additional 5 minutes or so. Meat should be just off medium rare, and onions should be soft.
The Cookmerlin San Francisco, CA
The Rating3 people
How did I miss this one? How wonderful, this would be a lovely dinner for the pork loving hubby. Superb.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
This recipe is so easy and tasts great!! I will make again for others to enjoy as well! Thanks for a new quick, easy and great tasting recipe.stacieallan in Mesa loved it
YUMMY! I am giving you a 5 for I adore grilled Pork and this sounds so delicious! Thank you!Debdmajor in Slidell loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!