Mint Irish Chocolate Cream PieFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1 baked 9" pie crust cooled shopping list
- 1/2 cup cocoa shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2-3/4 cups milk shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups frozen whipped topping thawed shopping list
- 18 small peppermint patties divided shopping list
- 6 drops green food color shopping list
How to make it
- Combine cocoa, sugar, cornstarch and salt in medium saucepan.
- Gradually stir milk into dry ingredients.
- Cook over medium low heat stirring constantly until mixture comes to full rolling boil.
- Boil and stir one minute then remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla.
- Pour into prepared crust then carefully press plastic wrap directly onto pie filling and cool. Refrigerate 6 hours then remove wrappers from peppermint candies.
- Remove plastic wrap from pie and just before serving cut 9 peppermint candies in half.
- Place cut-side down at outer edge of pie filling forming a scalloped edge.
- Finely chop remaining 9 candies and fold them into whipped topping with green food color.
- Spread pie with peppermint topping then serve immediately.