COPY CAT York Peppermint PattiesFrom lanacountry 5 years ago
- York Peppermint Patties shopping list
- 1 (14−ounce) can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon peppermint extract shopping list
- green or red food coloring, optional shopping list
- 6 cups confectioners' sugar shopping list
- Additional confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1 − 16 oz. bag semi−sweet chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- In large mixer bowl, combine Eagle Brand, extract and food coloring if desired.
- Add 6 cups sugar; beat on low speed until smooth and well blended.
- Turn mixture onto surface sprinkled with confectioners sugar.
- Knead lightly to form smooth ball.
- Shape into 1−inch balls.
- Place 2 inches apart on wax paper−lined baking sheets.
- Flatten each ball into a 1 ½−inch patty. Let dry
- 1 hour or longer; turn over and let dry at least 1 hour.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave set on high for 2 minutes. Stir halfway through the heating time. Melt thoroughly, but do not over heat.
- Melting the chocolate chips can also be done using a double−boiler over low heat.
- With fork, dip each patty into warm chocolate (draw fork lightly across rim of pan to remove excess coating).
- Invert onto wax paper−lined baking sheets; let stand until firm.
- Store covered at room temperature or in refrigerator.
The Cooklanacountry Macon, GA
The Rating8 people
Peppermint patties have always been a favorite candy in our family. Thanks for the recipe.fluffy24 in Cranston loved it
love peppermint patties deeelicous! thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
My all-time FAVORITE candy! Thanks.... BIG 5!!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!