Nikkis Steak SaltimboccaFrom carterl 8 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cut the steak into approximately 4 ounce pieces, then pound each one to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Season with black pepper.
- On each piece of steak, lay one slice of provolone cheese, a few leaves of sage and 2 slices of prosciutto.
- Roll into pinwheels and secure with toothpicks.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Quickly brown the pinwheels on the outside.
- Transfer to a baking dish if your skillet is not oven-safe.
- Bake for 7 minutes for medium rare, or 10 for medium.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before carving into thin pinwheels.
- Place the skillet back over medium-high heat, and add any remaining sage leaves.
- Fry until crispy and then use them to garnish steaks.