Best Ever Potato SoupFrom dmajor 7 years ago
- 4 lbs. russet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks shopping list
- 1 stick butter shopping list
- 2 lbs Velveeta cheese shopping list
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onions shopping list
- 1 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 1/2 container soft cream cheese with chives shopping list
- 1 tablespoon creole spice shopping list
- 2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 quart half and half shopping list
- parsley flakes shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions shopping list
- croutons shopping list
- shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Boil potatoes until tender but not too soft.
- Drain potatoes and set aside.
- In large pot, saute onions and celery in butter until tender.
- Stir in mushroom soup, broth, potatoes, and seasoning.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to medium and stir in cream cheese and Velveeta.
- Stir well and add half and half.
- Continue to cook over low heat until cheese melts, stirring often.
- Stir in parsley flakes.
- Ladle into soup bowl and top with green onions, croutons and shredded cheese.
The Cookdmajor Slidell, LA
The Rating14 people
This sounds fabulous! Thanks for sharing. :)rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
great one....angieaugusta in Adelaide loved it
Oh Deb my son will love this... can't wait to make it for him!!! He went to live with his dad in Jackson after Katrina and comes home when he can but when he does i will make this for him and tell him its from a great cook in La. He will love it I kn...morelara38 in Gulf Coast loved it