Lemon Cake Bread With Lemon GlazeFrom momofsixil 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely grated fresh lemon peel/zest shopping list
- 1 cup cooking oil- preferably canola shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 1 2/3 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- GLAZE: shopping list
- 2 cups sifted confectioner's sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 tablespoons softened butter or margarine shopping list
- 3 to 4 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel/zest shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and lightly flour two 8 x 4-inch loaf pans.
- In large mixing bowl, beat granulated sugar, grated lemon peel, and canola oil.
- Beat for one minute at medium speed with electric mixer.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in by hand the remaining ingredients: flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir only until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven carefully and let cool for ten minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- Cool completely and place on waxed paper before glazing..
- For Glaze:
- In medium mixing bowl, combine confectioner's sugar, vanilla, margarine, lemon juice, and grated lemon peel.
- Beat until mixture has a smooth consistency of a glaze.
- Drizzle over loaves which are placed on waxed paper.
- Makes approximately 1 1/2 cups of glaze.
People Who Like This Dish 37
The Cookmomofsixil Davis, IL
The Rating11 people
Sounds good to me you have my 5. I printed it out to save.blueeyes68ky in Owenton loved it
ooooh I love Lemon SO much! Thanks for sharing!sunkst21 in McKinney loved it
Your recipe caught my eye right away. My Mom used to bake a cake very similar to this. Thanks so much for posting your recipe and I am giving you a double generous high 5 because I know how good it is.chacha in New York loved it
Muffins, Quick Breads, Scones and Biscuits281 members
Pass Down Recipes314 members
Family Favorites140 members
Breakfast Craze69 members
Friends In The Kitchen314 members
Perfect For Parties And Potlucks79 members
Recipes For A Cause24 members
Good Friends And Good Ole Country Cooking40 members