Easy Refrigerator Bread And Butter PicklesFrom lanacountry 6 years ago
- Easy bread and butter pickles shopping list
- These pickles are so much better tasting then the kind you buy in a jar. Fresh from the stove and chilled in the refrigerator to your table for your summer evening barbeque. Prep time does not include chill time. shopping list
- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ shopping list
- 8 small pickling cucumbers, unpeeled and cut into 1/4 inch thick slices shopping list
- 1 medium onion, cut in half and thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 cup cider vinegar shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 4 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed shopping list
How to make it
- Combine cucumbers, onion, vinegar, sugar, salt, mustard seeds, dry mustard, turmeric, crushed red pepper, and celery seeds; heat to boiling over high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Boil 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Pour cucumber mixture into a large bowl; cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Cover and chill overnight before serving.
- You can spoon cooled cucumbers and their liquid into jars with tight-fitting lids and refrigerate up to 4 weeks.
- I usually will make at least 4 times this amount.
The Cooklanacountry Macon, GA
The Rating6 people
I made bread and butter pickles, yesterday but I did the water bath ones so I can store them. Your recipe sounds great! We love the B&B pickles around my house.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
These look great. I definately have to try thrm. Thanks. Briannabrianna in loved it