Delicate White Cake From ScratchFrom arpam 6 years ago
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup shortening shopping list
- 4 egg whites shopping list
- 1 tsp almond extract shopping list
- 2 cups cake flour shopping list
- 3 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk or 1/4 cup evaporated milk diluted q/ 1/4 cup water shopping list
- OR FOR milk FREE VERSION: shopping list
- 1/4 cup coconut milk DILUTED W/ 1/4 CUP water shopping list
How to make it
- Cream sugar and shortening. Sift flour first then measure. Sift this with baking powder and salt.
- Add alternately w/ milk to creamed sugar and shortening. Beat thoroughly. Add extract.
- Incorporate egg whites well one at a time. Pour into greased and floured cake pans. Bake at 375F for about 20 min. Test w/ toothpick.
- This recipe is wonderful for cupcakes too! Makes about 24 cupcakes.
People Who Like This Dish 43
The Cookarpam Thompson, CT
The Rating11 people
Looks so beautiful! Great idea - cupcakes!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
Lovely recipe and the photo is stunning! I flagged your pic!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
The almond extract really makes this cake recipe perfect...oddly enough, I was just looking at a recipe on my opened cookbook that sits a top of my dresser in the kitchen (it houses napkins and linens) and I proudly keep my old family' cookbook opene...moredivaliscious in Dutchess County loved it