Kung pao ChickenFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 1 1/3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 4), cut into 1/2-inch pieces shopping list
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sherry shopping list
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch shopping list
- 2 teaspoons sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar or rice vinegar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons Asian sesame oil shopping list
- 1/3 cup water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup peanuts shopping list
- 4 scallions, white bulbs and green tops cut separately into 1/2-inch pieces shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red-pepper flakes shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium bowl, toss the chicken with 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of the sherry, and the 1 tablespoon cornstarch.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, vinegar, sesame oil, water, and the remaining 4 tablespoons of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of sherry, and 2 teaspoons cornstarch.
- In a wok or large frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over moderately high heat.
- Add the peanuts and stir-fry until light brown, about 30 seconds.
- Remove from the pan.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
- Add the white part of the scallions and the red-pepper flakes to the pan and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken with its marinade and cook, stirring, until almost done, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the soy-sauce mixture and the scallion tops and simmer until the chicken is just done, about 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the peanuts.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating6 people
great recipe thanks high 5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
hadthis in restaurants!herby in Albany loved it
Thanks soooo much...Love this!raelene1951 in Brighton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!