french onion vegetable bakeFrom grumblebee 5 years ago
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 3 medium white onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 beef bouillon cube shopping list
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into chunks shopping list
- 3 large carrots, sliced shopping list
- 1 red onion, cut into chunks shopping list
- 1 large parsnip, sliced shopping list
- 3/4 cup fresh green beans shopping list
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Melt butter in saucepan and add in thinly sliced white onions. Simmer over medium/high heat, stirring occasionally, while you prep the other vegetables.
- Chop and wash all vegetables. Potatos and red onion into chunks, parsnip and carrots into thick slices, and the green beans into 1 inch pieces. Combine vegetables and place in a rectangular, glass baking dish. Set aside.
- By now the onions should be cooked through. At this point, dissolve bouillion cube in hot water and slowly add this into the onion mixture while stirring.
- Pour onion and broth mixture over the vegetables and cover the baking dish with tin foil. Place in oven and bake for 30-40 minutes or until vegetables are tender and cooked.
- Remove from oven and take off the foil. Sprinkle the cooked vegetable mixture first with the breadcrumbs and then with the grated mozzarella cheese.
- Place dish back into oven and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly. :).