Banana Oatmeal Cake with Caramel Fudge FrostingFrom donnaja1231 8 years ago
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup rolled oats shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups bananas, mashed shopping list
- 3/4 cup buttermilk shopping list
How to make it
- In medium bowl mix together flour, rolled oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg.
- In large bowl, with electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beating well.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with bananas and buttermilk, mixing lightly after each addition.
- Pour batter into greased 13 x 9 inch (32 x 23 cm) cake pan.
- Bake at 350 F ( 180 C) for 35 - 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cool completely on cake rack.
- Ice with Caramel Fudge Frosting.
- Frosting: 1/3 cup butter 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar 1/4 cup milk, 2% 2 cups sifted icing sugar Melt butter in saucepan.
- Stir in brown sugar.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir over low heat 2 minutes.
- Stir in milk.
- Heat to boiling.
- Remove from heat. Gradually stir in icing sugar.
- Spread on cooled cake. Yield: 24 servings
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookdonnaja1231 Moffat, CO
The Rating2 people
ohhhhh yummm i love everything about it lol
bring it on lol
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
yummy - so many great recipes, so little time. Bookmarked this one. Jettjett2whit in Union City loved it
I finally got around to baking this one today. I added some nuts & coconut to the mix. It was really good!!! My husband loved it!!jett2whit in Union City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!