Chicken KievFrom sas 6 years ago
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened shopping list
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper, or fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten with 2 teaspoons water shopping list
- 3/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs shopping list
- butterED egg noodles shopping list
How to make it
- Blend the softened butter with parsley, chives, pepper, and salt. Divide into 4 portions and chill until firm.
- Flatten each chicken breast half to about 1/4-inch or thinner thickness by pounding each between wax paper or plastic wrap. Place a portion of the chilled butter mixture in the center of each flattened chicken breast half. Roll each to completely enclose the butter. Dust each roll in flour then dip into beaten egg and water. Roll in bread crumbs; make a good coating. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes then place in lightly greased baking dish. Cover and bake at 350* oven for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer. Always temp test chicken with an instant read.
- Serves 4.
The Cooksas Farmington, CT
The Rating8 people
I'm browsing through your recipes looking for the recipe you told me to look at LOL -- I keep getting sidetracked!
This is a delicious dish -- I have a Russian friend who has given me a heads-up on the real thing, as prepared by her mother...moreshine in Rainier loved it
Oh, I love this one. I never ventured to make it, I usually have it at this Russian restaurant we go to. You make it sound so easy I will have to try making it! High 5!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
I haven't made this in ages andI love it...thanks!pat2me in Nashua loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!