Butterflies with Asparagus Mushrooms and ShrimpFrom docjoe 5 years ago
- 1 1/2 pounds asparagus shopping list
- 4 peeled drained whole canned plum tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 2 1/2 pounds farfalle pasta (butterflies/bow ties) shopping list
- 2 Tbl. extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 2 pounds large shrimp, cleaned and shelled shopping list
- 1 1/4 cans (14 oz.) chicken stock shopping list
- 1 large (6") portobello mushroom, cubed shopping list
- 1/4 lb. oil packed sun dried tomatoes, coarsely choped shopping list
- grated romano cheese for sprinkling on top shopping list
How to make it
- Bring water to boil in two large pots.
- Snap tough ends off of asparagus and cook for 5 minutes in first pot over medium heat, then remove from pot.
- Shock asparagus in ice water bath to stop cooking.
- drain and slice diagonally into 1" pieces and set aside.
- Add pasta to second pot and cook as per package instructions to "al dente" stage.
- In a large saute pan, heat oil and saute garlic for 1 minute until tender (no color).
- Add shrimp, stirring, and 1/2 can of chicken stock.
- Cover and simmer 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes and another 1/2 can of stock.
- Cover, and simmer another minute or so.
- Add the plum tomatoes, asparagus, and remaining stock.
- Cover, and heat through.
- Drain pasta and combine with the sauce in a large bowl.
- Serve and sprinkle with romano cheese.
The Cookdocjoe Davie, FL
The Rating7 people
Wonderful!!! Thank you for sharing this, Doc Joe :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Wow, this sounds wonderful! Scared me for a minute....thought I was going to have to get a butterfly net!pat2me in Nashua loved it
Aspargus, pasta and seafood-these are a few of my favorite things-how melodic! YummY!lovethedepp in Central loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!