Swiss Cheese BeignetsFrom noir 7 years ago
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup grated swiss cheese shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 2 cups parsley sprigs, cleaned and dried shopping list
- **2 cups tomato basil sauce or shallot & parsley Dip (see my recipe)** shopping list
- oil for deep frying shopping list
- Optional: sesame seeds for dusting shopping list
How to make it
- N a medium saucepan, heat water and butter to a simmer.
- Add flour all at once and stir vigorously with a wooden spoon over low heat until mixture no longer sticks to pan and forms into a ball.
- Remove from heat. Beat eggs in thoroughly, one by one until mixture is smooth. Mix in the cheese and seasonings. Transfer cheese mixture to a mixing bowl.
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer to 350 degrees. Carefully fry half of the dry parsley sprigs for about 10 to 12 seconds. Transfer to a plate on a paper towel. Repeat with remaining parsley. Season with salt.
- Spoon about 10 teaspoons of the cheese mixture into the oil. Do not crowd as they double in size and self rotate while cooking.
- Fry for 6 to 8 minutes until golden brown.
- **Drain on absorbent paper. Keep beignets in a warm oven while frying the remaining.** Optional to sprinkle a touch of sesame seeds on top.
- Arrange the warm cheese beignets on a platter with the fried parsley. Serve with hot tomato basil. or dip of choice
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating7 people
The Beignets sound like a "5"FORK!!!!! Winner to me! I want to try them very SOON!
Thank-you for sharing.
~ * ~ mj ~ * ~
mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Oh so very yum!midgelet in Eastern loved it
Oh so dangerous *wink*pink in USA loved it