Home Made Cole SlawFrom laurakaay 8 years ago
- 1/2 Large cabbage, quartered and shredded...by hand preferably (but I cheat and use the food processor often...it does taste better when I do it by hand though...don't know why! lol) shopping list
- 1 Medium onion, shredded (see above) shopping list
- 4 TBS. Mayo (I said Mayo as in Mayonaise, not that salad dressing stuff!) shopping list
- 1/4 C. sugar shopping list
- 1/4 C. vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Shred cabbage and onion into a large bowl, and coat with sugar.
- Place sugared cabbage into a collander and then collander back into large bowl let sit 30 minutes.
- After the cabbage has sweat, reserve 4 TBS of the liquid and discard the rest.
- Place cabbage back into large bowl and add to it, mayo and vinegar, add in reserved liquid and toss to coat.
- Store in fridge for at leat one hour before tasting and adjusting flavors by adding more sugar or vinegar depending on your taste.
- I recommend you wait overnight before adjusting flavors.
The Cooklaurakaay Oroville, CA
The Rating1 people
basic recipes are the best!!midgelet in Eastern loved it