Hawaiian FudgeFrom 22566 6 years ago
- 1 Can (15-1/4oz) crushed pineapple in juice shopping list
- 4 Cups sugar shopping list
- 1 Cup whipping cream shopping list
- 2 Tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract,Pure shopping list
- 1 Cup Chopped macadamia nuts(I use a little more) shopping list
- 1/2 Cup flaked coconut shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped crystallized ginger(be sure to incorporate this) shopping list
How to make it
- Drain pineapple,(do not squeeze dry),reserve juice.
- Line a 8" square pan with foil,extending over sides of pan,grease the foil.
- Butter a large,heavy saucepan.
- Combine sugar,whipping cream,pineapple and 2 tablespoons of pineapple juice in saucepan.stirring constantly,cook until sugar dissolves.
- Using a pastry brush dipped in hot water,wash down any sugar crystals on sides of pan.
- Attach candy thermometer to pan,increase heat to medium and bring to a boil,cook without stirring,until syrup reaches 234 to 240 degrees,test about 1/2 teaspoon syrup in ice water.,syrup will easily form a ball in the water but will flatten when held in your hand.
- Remove from heat,add butter and vanilla,do not stir.
- Place pan in about 2" of cold water in sink.Coo to about 110 degrees.
- Beat fudge until it thickens and begins to lose its gloss.
- Stir in macadamia nut,coconut and ginger,pour into pan.Coo completely,cut into squares and stor in airtight container in refrigerator.
People Who Like This Dish 8
- elgab89 Toronto, CA
- cherylannxo Santa Nella, CA
- grandmacooks Somewhere In , VA
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- krystynainsydney Bondi Junction, AU
- secretocean Fort Lauderdale, FL
- peetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- zanna MOUNT CLEMENS, MI
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- midgelet Eastern, USA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cook22566 TX
The Rating7 people
fantastic recipe thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This sounds absolutely wonderful!grandmacooks in Somewhere In loved it
Good early morning, I just can't sleep so I might as well do this. This recipe sounds very interesting. You have a five on this one. Thank you for sharing. Have a good day....Cherylcherylannxo in Santa Nella loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!