Shrimp and Clam BoilFrom rottman 4 years ago
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup Old Bay Seasoning shopping list
- 2 tbl salt shopping list
- 1 gal water shopping list
- 1 12 oz bottle Bavarian beer shopping list
- 8 medium red potatoes, quartered shopping list
- 2 large sweet onions, cut into wedge shopping list
- 2 lb kielbasa, cut into 2-inch lengths shopping list
- 8 ears fresh corn, broken in half shopping list
- 4 lb large shrimp in shells shopping list
- 6 Cherrystone clams shopping list
- lemon shopping list
How to make it
- Bring Old Bay, salt, water and beer to boil in 8- to 12-quart pot (with basket if you have one) on high heat. Add potatoes and onions; cook 8 minutes.
- Add smoked sausage to pot; cook 5 minutes. Add corn and clams; cook 7 minutes or until clams open. Add shrimp in shells; cook 4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain cooking liquid. Pour contents of pot into several large bowls, shallow pails or mound on paper-covered picnic table. Sprinkle with additional Old Bay, if desired.
- Note: Ingredients are added according to the length of cooking time, starting with ingredients that take the longest time to those taking the shorted time. Seasoning is by preference. I tend to go with the larger amount because the flavors need to permeate the shrimp and other ingredients.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookrottman Nottingham, MD
The Rating8 people
just like when we were kids yummmmmmmmmmmuppets0401 in FORKED RIVER loved it
This really makes me wish I was an easterner rather than a westerner! LOL! Great post! I'm sure in December I'll be happy being in California.shepherdrescue in Lake Forest loved it
This is a wonderful variation of the lowcountry boil. I love your clam addition here. And I always cook with beer whenever I can...it adds a lovely flavor. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe. I'll be trying this soon. It makes me hungry just...morelunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!