Shrimp and Clam BoilFrom rottman 8 years ago
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup Old Bay Seasoning shopping list
- 2 tbl salt shopping list
- 1 gal water shopping list
- 1 12 oz bottle Bavarian beer shopping list
- 8 medium red potatoes, quartered shopping list
- 2 large sweet onions, cut into wedge shopping list
- 2 lb kielbasa, cut into 2-inch lengths shopping list
- 8 ears fresh corn, broken in half shopping list
- 4 lb large shrimp in shells shopping list
- 6 Cherrystone clams shopping list
- lemon shopping list
How to make it
- Bring Old Bay, salt, water and beer to boil in 8- to 12-quart pot (with basket if you have one) on high heat. Add potatoes and onions; cook 8 minutes.
- Add smoked sausage to pot; cook 5 minutes. Add corn and clams; cook 7 minutes or until clams open. Add shrimp in shells; cook 4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain cooking liquid. Pour contents of pot into several large bowls, shallow pails or mound on paper-covered picnic table. Sprinkle with additional Old Bay, if desired.
- Note: Ingredients are added according to the length of cooking time, starting with ingredients that take the longest time to those taking the shorted time. Seasoning is by preference. I tend to go with the larger amount because the flavors need to permeate the shrimp and other ingredients.
The Cookrottman Nottingham, MD
The Rating8 people
just like when we were kids yummmmmmmmmmmuppets0401 in FORKED RIVER loved it
This really makes me wish I was an easterner rather than a westerner! LOL! Great post! I'm sure in December I'll be happy being in California.shepherdrescue in Lake Forest loved it
This is a wonderful variation of the lowcountry boil. I love your clam addition here. And I always cook with beer whenever I can...it adds a lovely flavor. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe. I'll be trying this soon. It makes me hungry just...morelunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!