Classic Maine Lobster RollsFrom binky67 7 years ago
- Ingredients shopping list
- 4 New England–style hot dog buns shopping list
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 4 Boston or Bibb lettuce leaves, washed and dried shopping list
- lobster Salad (recipe follows) shopping list
- 4 dill pickle spears shopping list
- potato chips shopping list
- lobster SALAD shopping list
- 1 pound cooked lobster meat or 5 pounds live lobsters shopping list
- 1 small to medium cucumber (4 to 5 ounces), peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch dice shopping list
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (Hellman's is recommended) shopping list
- 2 or 3 small scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- Kosher or sea salt, if needed shopping list
How to make it
- If you are using live lobsters, steam them until fully cooked; allow to cool to room temperature. Crack and remove meat from claws, knuckles, and tails. Remove any cartilage from claws and the intestine from the tails.
- Cut the lobster meat into 1/2- to 3/4-inch dice. If using whole lobsters, you can pick all the meat from the carcasses and add it to the meat, or freeze the carcasses for soup or stock.
- Place the diced cucumber in a colander; let stand for at least 5 minutes to drain excess liquid.
- Combine lobster, cucumber, mayonnaise, and scallions in a bowl. Season with a bit of pepper if needed; it is unlikely that salt will be needed. Cover with plastic wrap; chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Heat a lO-inch skillet over medium heat. Spread the sides of the hot dog buns with the butter, using 1/2 tablespoon on each side. Place the buttered buns in the hot pan and toast, without moving, until golden brown on one side, about 1 minute. Turn and cook the other side, about 1 minute more. Remove from heat.
- Open buns; place in paper bun holders or on small plates. Place a lettuce leaf to the side of each bun. Divide lobster salad evenly among them. Serve with pickles and potato chips on the side.
The Cookbinky67 Ellicott City, MD
The Rating4 people
sounds delicious!magali777 in Mexico loved it
Ooooh I could sink my teeth into one of these right now cause they sound wonderful. 5 forks from mebrianna in loved it
perfect and a 5 from me.cookingforfun in Marblehead loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!