Tomatillo Chili Pepper SalsaFrom peetabear 5 years ago
- 6 mild green chili peppers ( 3/4 pound ) shopping list
- 1/4 cup firmly packed cilantro leaves shopping list
- 1 green onion , coarsely chopped shopping list
- 2 TBSP. lime juice shopping list
- 3/4 pound fresh tomatillos shopping list
- 2 TBSP. olive oil shopping list
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced.... for more heat add more shopping list
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced shopping list
How to make it
- place green chilies on broiler pan
- roast peppers 2-inches from the heat
- turn until all sides are charred
- place in plastic or paper bag ..close end
- let stand until cool enough to handle
- remove charred peel with sharp knife
- remove the seeds and the stems.. reserve any juices
- place peppers and juices in food processor
- add cilantro, chopped green onion, lime juice and salt to taste
- puree and set aside
- tomatillos .. remove husks rinse and dry
- core and chop
- in medium skillet.. heat olive oil over medium heat saute tomatillos, jalapeno and garlic
- cook until tomatillos are tender ...about 3 minutes
- stir in chili puree
- cover and let flavors meld...
- makes 1 1/2 cup salsa
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating7 people
I love the flavor of tomatillos and I have very few recipes to use them. This has all the flavors I love, nothing but fives here Peetabear!
YUM!!!shepherdrescue in Lake Forest loved it
Like shepherdrescue, I love tomatillos - unfortunately I rarely find them in supermarket:( !
Great recipe!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
Great recipe Peeta I have plenty of chilies to use for your Tomatillo Chili Pepper Salsa and stillhave enough for my BBQ sauce. I love the fire roasted peppers.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!