Pittsburgh-style Stuffed Banana PeppersFrom crabhappychick 7 years ago
- 12-16 banana peppers, the hot kind shopping list
- 1/8 lb each: hot sausage, ground veal, ground beef shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 1/2 t garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 T fresh basil, minced shopping list
- 1/4 c seasoned breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1/4 c freshly grated parmesan shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 T. olive oil shopping list
- 1 c. of your favorite marinara shopping list
How to make it
- Cut tops off peppers and remove the seeds. In a bowl, gently mix the meats with egg, garlic, basil, the breadcrumbs, and cheese. Season with salt and pepper and mix well again. Stuff the mixture into the peppers, forcing the meat to the end of each.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and brown the peppers lightly on all sides. Transfer to a shallow casserole, top with marinara and bake until the meat is cooked through.
The Cookcrabhappychick Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating4 people
this sounds wonderful and I have the hot banana peppers out in the garden..peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Great recipe!rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
Oh yeah.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it