A Very Different Pasta DishFrom mystic_river1 5 years ago
- 1 pound bag of organic spinach, washed, dried and with stems removed shopping list
- 1 (8- to 10-ounce jar) jar sun-dried tomatoes with oil shopping list
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 1-pound refrigerator or homemade penne pasta shopping list
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can fat-free chicken broth shopping list
- 1 (8-ounce) container crumbled feta cheese, or more to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Wash, dry and remove stems of the spinach.
- Pour the oil from the jar of sun-dried tomatoes into a large pot. Heat oil over medium to medium high heat.
- Slice the tomatoes into strips, and add them along with the garlic to the pot.
- Let the garlic and tomatoes cook together for about 5 minutes.
- Start water boiling in another pot for the penne. When the water boils, cook penne according to the directions on the package.
- Add the spinach to the pot with the tomatoes and garlic.
- Pour the chicken broth over the spinach to wilt it.
- Cover the pot, and let the spinach wilt. Stir as needed.
- When the pasta is done, combine it with the spinach mixture and add the feta cheese over the top. Gently stir all ingredients together.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating10 people
oh yum sounds very healthy indeed but good too.thanksminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Beautiful recipe! Sounds very tasty!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
I must admit the title caught my eye as I was passing through my page lol.
This is fun, Joymarie! I like your addition of olives -- I think I will try it with Greek olives or kalamatas -- now that I think of it, roasted red Pepper would be aw...moreshine in Rainier loved it