Roasted Garlic White Bean SoupFrom verymarie 8 years ago
- 1 ½ cups dried white beans, or 2 cans shopping list
- 2 T olive oil, plus some for brushing garlic shopping list
- 12 cloves garlic, or about one bunch shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 3 carrots, chopped shopping list
- 2 medium potatoes, chopped shopping list
- 1 large sprig rosemary, chopped shopping list
- 1 T chopped fresh thyme shopping list
- 5 cups water or broth shopping list
- salt, to taste shopping list
- parsley and red pepper flakes, to garnish (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the beans if using dried.
- Break apart (but don't peel) the garlic. Brush with olive oil and roast in an oven or over a stove until black. Remove cloves from the skins, and set aside
- Combine onion, carrots, potatoes, rosemary, thyme, water and cooked beans in a large pot. Bring to boil, and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Add cooked beans, and simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
- Remove soup from heat. Using a standard blender or an immersion blender, puree 2/3 of your soup along with the garlic cloves.
- Combine blended portion with chunky portion and salt to taste.
- Garnish with parsley and red pepper, if desired, and serve.