Herb-Buttered TwistsFrom chefelaine 7 years ago
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tbsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces shopping list
- 1 cup cold milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup melted butter shopping list
- 2 tbsp finely chopped mixed fresh herbs such as parsley, thyme, and basil, or 2 tsp dried shopping list
- 1/4 tsp coarse salt shopping list
How to make it
- Arrange rack just above centre of oven; preheat to 450°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray.
- Stir flour with baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut cold butter into flour mixture until only tiny bits of butter are visible.
- Stir in milk until dough forms.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface; using floured hands, pat into an 8 x 12-inch rectangle.
- Brush with a third of melted butter; sprinkle with half of herbs.
- Fold in half lengthwise, herb-coated sides together, forming an elongated strip now only 4-inches wide.
- Brush with another third of melted butter; sprinkle with remaining herbs.
- Cut crosswise into 12 strips, each 4-inches long.
- Holding opposite ends, twist several times (like a candy cane); lay on sheet.
- Brush with remaining butter; lightly sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden.
- Serve hot.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating14 people
YUM! Sounds easy enough for me to do !!! LOL Thanks for another Great one, Chef!!! :):)sharyl4 in Mohave Valley loved it
Sounds wonderful, Thanks Elaine 5 star * * * * *lanacountry in Macon loved it
Petedagnabbit in Barrie loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!