Fresh Salmon ChowderFrom noir 6 years ago
- * 1 lb. salmon fillets, boneless and skinless shopping list
- * 1 cup onion, chopped shopping list
- * 1 cup potato, diced shopping list
- * 1/4 cup celery, chopped shopping list
- * 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- * 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- * 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour shopping list
- * 1/4 teaspoon dried dill shopping list
- * 1 can (8 oz.) stewed tomatoes shopping list
- * 2 cans (13 oz. each) evaporated skim milk shopping list
- * 1/2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated shopping list
- * 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Cut salmon into 1-inch chucks and set aside.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, heat oil and sauté onion, potato and celery for about 5 minutes. Add water and continue to cook until potatoes are tender.
- Blend in flour, pepper, dill, milk , tomatoes and salmon. Heat until chowder thickens then reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until salmon flakes when tested with a fork.
- Stir in cheese and parsley.
- Serve...Try this instead of your normal clam chowder. Salmon is loaded with healthful omega-3 fatty acids!
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating6 people
This is truly great!smooch in America loved it
Yum, love chowders and salmon, this has to be a winning combination. High 5 my friend.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Great, like it!shuga in United States loved it